Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fate...or just a coincidence?

So it's been a little bit easier today get over everything. He's not on my mind near as much, but the temptation to make him regret everything is still there. I think that'll die down as the weeks go on since I won't have an opportunity to possibly see him until next Friday at the races. It's still hard to grip the fact that he thinks it's my fault, but what can you expect from a boy where the world revolves around him?

Last night, Mom, Haley and I decided to get dinner out after dance. We were going to go to McDonald's, but Haley groaned when we said that, so we decided on Arby's. When we got to Arby's, I saw the sign for Zaxby's and suggested we go there and they agreed...

Now before I write what happens next, it's important for me to mention something. Since I broke up with Brandon, there has been this someone in particular who has been on my mind. I had a crush on him all the way through high school, but it kinda dwindled after he graduated and I didn't see much of him. Well, all that changed when I saw him at 'Drive Fore! Show, Rock Fore! Dough' concert in April. Even though I was with Brandon and we were dating, I realized once again why I liked this guy so much. I brushed it off though since I thought I was dating the boy I would marry. Yeah, definitely wrong about that one! Since we broke up, I've thought about this guy A LOT and how I would love just to have one date with him. Now that I've given you the background, let me finish my story...

...So we pull into the Zaxby's parking lot, walk in the building, then I look over at the booths. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was him! This guy that I said I would do anything just to have one date with is here at Zaxby's the EXACT same night I am! We were supposed to go to McDonald's, but Haley groaned so we didn't. We were supposed to go to Arby's, but I saw Zaxby's and we decided to go there instead. 3 different places, and we decided on the one he just so happened to be at. Is it fate....or just a coincidence?

I play it off like I don't see him 'cause I'm not the type of person to walk up to you and speak unless you're a relative or one of my closest friends. So I'm waiting in line, then all of a sudden someone's hands cover my eyes. I was SO hopin' it was his, but it was actually my prom date from junior year, Mark. I said hey and then we hugged, then I looked to my left and who do I see beside Mark? The guy!! He's there!! He walked over and gave me a hug and said 'it's been a while.' I said, 'it sure has been,' then we talked for a few seconds. I was in heaven. I have always said he is the hottest guy that ever walked through the doors at Harlem High, and here he is: went out of his way to come and talk to me. Is it fate...or just a coincidence?

He didn't say bye before he left like I was hopin' he would, but that's okay. He hasn't said anything on Facebook like I was hopin' he would, but that's okay. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. But boy, what I wouldn't do for just one date with him. Just one...

God, Your Will is perfect, but if You could include him in Your Will, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, then I know there's someone even better that You have for me. Your Will be done. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment